All summer 2012 positions are filled. We are no longer accepting applications. Thank you for your interest.
Help Us Change the World!Volunteers are valuable members of the Bridgepoint Health team. Our patient-centred approach to care involves treating the whole person - mind, body, and spirit. Our commitment to individualized care could not be met without the cooperation and dedication of an entire team of health care professionals, support staff and volunteers. Bridgepoint Hospital has over 200 active volunteers who share their time and talent to support us in delivering on our vision to be Canada’s leader in the prevention and management of complex chronic disease and disability. Our volunteer include people of all ages – from teens* to seniors, each giving generously of their time and energy to make a real difference in the lives of our patients and their families.
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities available at Bridgepoint with something to suit everyone’s schedule and area of interest. We often hear from our volunteers that while they chose to volunteer to help our patients and their families, they too are benefiting from the experience in numerous ways.
As a volunteer at Bridgepoint you will:
- Enhance the patient and family experience
- Improve our patients' quality of life by helping them to participate in activities and events
- Become part of the Bridgepoint staff support team, enhancing the work life of our care team by providing support and ancillary services.
Do You Have What it Takes?
We are looking for volunteers who are:
Thank you for your interest in our volunteer program. We trust that your volunteer experience at Bridgepoint Health will be a rewarding one!
- Interested in working directly with people with complex chronic disease and disability.
- Available weekdays between 10 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Friendly, energetic, committed, willing to become part of our team and ready to change the world for our patients and their families.
*Note: The minimum age to volunteer at Bridgepoint is 15 years of age, or 14 years of age, with parental consent.