There’s Never Been a Better Time to Change the World!
The delivery of health care is changing – dramatically. Traditionally, our health care system has focused on finding cures for diseases and saving lives. For the most part, we’ve done an incredible job. Today, diseases and illnesses that were once considered incurable have either been completely eradicated, or are now conditions we can live with – often for a very long time.
That is why Bridgepoint’s approach to care delivery is so important. It focuses on understanding and managing the interaction between multiple lifelong illnesses, known as complex chronic disease. By understanding complex medical conditions, the progression of diseases, and the best course of treatment and therapy can be identified to help people to live full lives with their conditions.
Members of the Bridgepoint care team understand and treat the whole person. We are committed to ensuring that patients receive individualized care that best meets their unique care needs. Because each patient’s experience with chronic disease is different, our staff work with the patient and their family members to develop a care journey that is right for them.
A Work Environment that Inspires Excellence
As a Bridgepoint staff member you will:
- Work in an environment that is dynamic, educational and rewarding;
- Receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package;
- Make the best possible use of your training and expertise;
- See both the immediate and long-term impacts of the care and service you provide;
- Be part of leading research into complex chronic disease;
- Make a significant impact, every day, on the quality of our patients’ lives;
- Inspire people around you to succeed, learn and grow, both professionally and personally; and,
- Work in Canada’s largest and most exciting city.
Located five minutes east of downtown Toronto, Bridgepoint is a 455-bed complex care and complex rehabilitation hospital. In 2013, a new Bridgepoint Hospital will open and it's well underway. The new hospital will transform the way we deliver care by providing an environment expressly designed to meet the needs of our patients and support a healthy workplace for staff.
In addition to state-of-the-art patient rooms, bright clinical space and the latest in technology, some of the many ways in which the new facilities will support our patients’ recovery include:
The new hospital will also support and inspire staff by offering:
- Increased ambulatory care space for outpatient/community programming;
- Double the existing therapy space, including a state-of-the-art therapy area on each floor for easy access;
- An large in-ground therapy pool;
- Double the number of patient lounges;
- More room for specialized wheelchairs, making it possible for patients to regain their independence in their own space;
- Bright, open dining rooms and common areas for visiting and recreational activities.
In becoming a member of the Bridgepoint team you are making a significant commitment to our patients and we are making a significant commitment to you.
- A healthy workplace environment including: health and wellness programs, a staff gym, a wellness café and multiple staff lounges;
- Modern lecture halls, meeting rooms and leading technology will enable our academic culture to thrive, fostering team-based care, and ensuring that all staff have the information they need, at their fingertips, to provide the best care and service;
- Ergonomically designed work areas and an abundance of natural light.
Complex chronic disease is the future of health care.
You are the future of health care delivery.