Here are some of the many services and spaces available to patients
and visitors at Bridgepoint.
- Riverside Bistro – Main Floor (opening early May 2013)
- Tim Hortons – Main Floor (opening early may 2013)
- Vending machines – Main Floor
- Shoppers Drug Mart – Ground Floor
Public spaces - indoor
- Margaret and Lee Lau Auditorium / Lecture Theatre (general) – Main Floor
- Auditorium (patient) – 10th Floor: this is the main space used for hospital-wide patient activities.
- Food court/public dining – Main Floor (opens early May 2013)
- Sacred Space – 5th Floor: open 24 hours a day, seven days a week (accessible after hours through security) for quiet contemplation.
- Internet Café – 5th floor: open to patients and visitors from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Patient lounges – all patient units
Public spaces - outdoor
- Labyrinth – Main Floor
- West Outdoor Terrace – Main Floor
- 5th Floor Terraces – 5th Floor
- Harold E. Ballard Foundation Garden (opens summer 2013) – 10th Floor: this roof garden is accessible to patients, staff and visitors (weather permitting). No food or drink is allowed.
Making your stay more comfortable
Business Office and Banking
The Business Office is located on the main floor, next to the Patient and Family Resource Centre, and offers limited financial and banking services. For more information, call x2182.
An ATM is located on the main floor, near the elevators.
Computer and Internet services
Bridgepoint & Click is a hospital wide, 24/7 recreational computer service for all patients offering games, the Internet, email, social networking, word processing, spreadsheets and much more. An application must be filled out and taken to Room G.241. You will receive your account barcode card with a personal username and password. The forms are in the patient lounges. Computers are located in patient lounges and in the Internet Café on the 5th floor.
The hospital’s Food Services department prides itself on preparing fresh nutritious meals onsite daily. The dietary staff works closely with patients, the care team and families to ensure your nutritional needs are met. Patients are provided with menus for their choice of breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Dining times (approximate)
Food can also be purchased from vending machines located on the Main Floor and from our cafeteria (Riverside Bistro) and our retail partner, Tim Hortons (Retail cafeteria opens early May 2013).
- Breakfast 7-8:30 a.m.
- Lunch 12- 1:30 p.m.
- Dinner 5- 6:30 p.m.
Located on the 5th floor, the Bridgepoint Hair Salon provides a wide range of beauty and hair services at reasonable costs. For more information or to make an appointment, please call x2068.
Coin operated laundry is available for your use; ask a member of your care team for the location. Please supply your own detergent. Patients are responsible for looking after their own clothing; this includes doing their own laundry or arranging for it to be done for them. Staff are not responsible for doing patient laundry.
Mail is delivered directly to the patient unit. Stamped, outgoing mail can be placed at the designated box at the nursing station or in the Canada Post mailbox located just outside the main entrance. Stamps can be purchased a Shoppers Drug Mart.
Telephones and television services
Standard touch-tone telephones are provided to patients for a small
fee. Please speak with a member of your care team for details on this
A personal, bedside television service is available for a fee. However, these services will only be available after May 15. Information about how to sign up for our new bedside patient TV system will be available in May. We will keep you informed when we receive details from our vendor.
Patients will be able to watch television in the dining room or lounge on their unit, at no cost.